- I have become an bonafide signature member of the Whiskey Painters of America! Now, as soon as I get myself a good magnifying glass, I can paint some of those tiny little gems that save lots of storage space in my studio!
- I have a solo show this month at the Twinsburg Public Library. My paintings will be on display until August 11.
- I'll be displaying some things at Art on the Green, August 26 & 27.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Monday, July 17, 2006
Last May my son Bob flew eight family members (I was "co-pilot" in the King Air) from Wichita KA to Oklahoma City for lunch. We also visited the Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum and saw Lowell Smith's painting in the Prix de West winners' gallery. That was a treat.
The collection of art in the gallery is outstanding. I was particularlly interested in the Charlie Russell collection as I had visited his home/studio/gallery in Great Falls MT years ago.
All the HSA members I talked with who have been to the Cowboy Museum agree that it is worth a visit if you are anywhere near there. (Great gift shop, too.)
- I'll be giving a 4-day portrait workshop at Cuyahoga Valley Art Center, Oct. 5-8. To register, contact CVAC.
- I will also be teaching a 10-day portrait and en plein air workshop in southern France, Oct. 23 thru Nov. 1. For details and registration info, see www.greatpastels.com .
NOTE: in both of these workshops, participants will work in the medium of their choice. These are NOT workshops in how to paint in pastel.
I belong to a group in Cleveland, Art House SEAN (Supporting Educators and Artist Network) and will be participating in their upcoming show. Here’s the scoop:
Annual Members Show 2006
August 3rd – 27th, 2006
Thursday, August 3, 2006, 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
at the Beck Center for the Arts, 17801 Detroit Ave., Lakewood, OH 44107
This year’s theme, “A Face in the Crowd,” will showcase an eclectic mix of work ranging from photography to drawings and mixed media.
For details, visit the Art House web site: www.arthouseinc.org .
- I am teaching Oil and Acrylic Painting at Michaelangelo's Art and Photography in Strongsville on W 130th, Wednesdays, 6:30pm to 9pm. Six week sessions. 440-846-8900. Call for more info.
- The same classes will be held at The Valley Art Center in Chagrin Falls Beginning the second week in September on Saturday mornings, 10:00 to 12:30pm. 440-247-7507 for more info.
- I have quite a selection of paintings on exhibit at Hudson Fine Art and Framing Co. Call for gallery hours at 330-650-2800. Many pieces of Hudson, The Academy, Town Hall and Main Street.
- My work is still on display at Collectors Cafe' in Myrtle Beach S. Carolina. 7729 N Kings Hwy. 843-449-9370. Stop in if in town and ask for Mike, Sharon or Tommy.
- We will be going back to France, St. Remy area, again in October for two weeks.
For more details, visit Rob's web site at www.rhcrombie.com.
- I was in seven shows this past year, one a solo at Western Reserve Academy's Moos Gallery.
- I'm a photographer, and my work is currently represented by Local Girl Gallery in Lakewood.
- I am also representated by Artist Review Today Gallery at the Galleria in Cleveland and am participating in their exhibit, called the JAR (June Art Review), which is presently on view.
- In June, I spent a week of intensive Photoshop training at the Santa FeWorkshops...10 hours per day in the lab...pure bliss!!!
- As part of the Final Fridays Art Festival I was the featured artist at the Outback Gallery in Nelsonville, Ohio. My paintings will remain at the gallery throughout the summer.
- I am participating in the Home Days Art Show in Independence, Ohio August 3-6th.
- I currently have 12 pieces in the Cuyahoga Valley Art Center Small Stuff Sale. And I will be entering the Members Show there in August.
- As part of the Crooked River Gang I contribute to the monthly show at the MD Garage in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
- And finally I will showing my work at the Twinsburg Library in September.
For more details, visit Kathleen's web site at www.kathleenharrington.com.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
The Hudson Society of Artists closed out the year on June 5th with the annual covered-dish dinner at the Barlow Community Center. The past officers were recognized and thanked for their service as well as welcoming the new officers for the 2006-07 season.
Also, we awarded a $2,000 scholarship to a Hudson High School senior. This year’s scholarship went to Melissa Burr who will be entering the art program at Miami University this fall. She spoke of her art and her plans as her proud parents, Nancy and David, looked on. We were all impressed with her body of work and wish her the very best in her future endeavors.
Pictured from left to right - Jane Sahr (Hudson Society of Artists Scholarship Chair), Nancy Burr, Melissa Burr and David Burr