Monday, July 17, 2006

Lucy Karslake

News from Lucy Karslake:

Last May my son Bob flew eight family members (I was "co-pilot" in the King Air) from Wichita KA to Oklahoma City for lunch. We also visited the Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum and saw Lowell Smith's painting in the Prix de West winners' gallery. That was a treat.

The collection of art in the gallery is outstanding. I was particularlly interested in the Charlie Russell collection as I had visited his home/studio/gallery in Great Falls MT years ago.

All the HSA members I talked with who have been to the Cowboy Museum agree that it is worth a visit if you are anywhere near there. (Great gift shop, too.)

2 comments:

Marti Franks said...

I am looking for a Lucy Karslake who did a pen and ink sketch of the Old School builidng on Darrow Road in Twinsburg. You can contact me on Facebook. at the Twinsburg Historical Society Page.

Unknown said...

I am looking for the same artist, Lucy Karslake, who did a pen and ink sketch of my home in Hudson. I would like to do similar work. My name is Joe Trevino. I can be reached on Facebook