Tuesday, November 20, 2012

News from Judy Carducci

North Light Books has just published a handsome new book, "Strokes of Genius 4: the Best of Drawing, Exploring Line." Several of us area artists are in it: Tricia Kamen, Mitzi Lai, John Smolko, and me. It's an interesting and varied collection, beautifully presented.

PLAN AHEAD for FRANCE:
I will not be teaching in France in 2013, but will be back there at the same gorgeous place for the full ten days July 28 thru August 6 (leaving Aug. 7), 2014. So that gives people who have wanted to take advantage of this opportunity almost two years to plan. The Domaine du Haut Baran has expressed the intention of celebrating my 80th year at that time. I have just returned from this year's workshop there; images of my paintings will be on my web site as soon as we have enough light to photograph them.

GREECE:
for those of you who have always wanted to see Greece and to do it in comfort, style and with artists, I will be teaching a 10-day plein air and cultural workshop in Athens, Delphi, Mycenae, Napthlio, and Sounion, May 13-22, 2013. We will be staying at wonderful lodgings, with a Greek guide, and painting in breathtakingly inspiring spots.

Old San Juan, PUERTO RICO:
For those of you who would like exotic warmth nearby and near the end of a cold long winter, come to my workshop in Old San Juan, February 3-9, 2013. See the article, "Plein Air Paradise," in the last Workshop Issue of American Artist, about my workshop there last December.

My paintings from prior trips are on my web site, www.judithcarducci.com. For details and to enroll in upcoming workshops, go to www.signilar.com.

No comments: